Sunday, February 17, 2008

What a weekend...

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post anything new and enticing here since Valentine's Day! I have had a heckuva weekend...but never fear: I will have cookies for you tomorrow!

Today was one of those days...on Valentine's Day, after making my focaccia, I came up with a recipe for Tres Leches Cookies, of which, alas, I have no photos. It turned out moist and scrumptious (yes, I went there), but I had some left over condensed milk that needed to be used. So I figured: dulce de leche! Unfortunately, as I started the cookies, I accidentally burned the milk. So now I have dulce de leche-less cookies. Fortunately, Publix opens early in the morning. This lack of caramel-y goodness will be quickly remedied.

In other news, I'm now working at Domino's Pizza as a delivery driver. My roommates gave me a can of Mace for my key chain as a congratulatory gift.
I also went to Goodwill to find some pants for work, and I was hit on by a trendy hipster who pretended that he was finished shopping so he could come over and stand on line with me. He asked me if I was a cross country runner (to which I replied, "Yes--well, I used to be one") because I apparently have the most well-developed calves of any person he's ever met. Then he ran off, claiming that he'd spotted some more goodies to rifle through.

Okay then!

I was also in a show this evening at the Acrosstown Repertory Theatre with some very lovely kids who I will miss seeing every Tuesday and Thursday morning! I've promised to show up in class, unannounced, with cookies to cheer them on as they prepare for the next two shows!

Anywho, I'm off to do some reading, writing, and recipe concocting...
Until tomorrow morning,
love and cookies,
Kay

No comments: