Thursday, January 31, 2008

Betty Crocker, I'm your gal!

Sorry for the brief hiatus. It's been a bad couple of days.
I don't have much of an update, other than to say that I submitted a cookie recipe to the Betty Crocker Bake Life Sweeter contest, so please keep your fingers crossed for me!

I am loath to use prepackaged cookie mixes, but I made two batches of cookies yesterday: Betty Crocker Boston Cream Pie Cookies and Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Blueberry Pancake Cookies.

The pancake cookies were literally made by the seat of my pants--I was mixing Bisquick and sugar cookie mix and guessing milk and egg amounts, but they ended up pretty damn good. And, since I have a fantastic cupcake decorating thing with a Bismarck tip for fillings, I was able to inject each cookie with pancake syrup. It was kind of neat, actually.

I'll have to post photos as soon as I get them uploaded.

In other news, I've begun doing headshot photography, and I took some amazing shots of my friend Ricky two days ago that I can't wait to have edited and print-worthy. I also took about 1000 photos of the dress rehearsal of UF's "The Real Thing" last night. So I'll be working on those photos as well.

At some point today, if I'm able to make my brain work for long enough, I'm going to have to put together a batch of my Buck's Fizz Cupcakes...because we open tomorrow night! I cannot believe it. Where did January go?

Kay

No comments: